Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dueling Crock Pots

You should smell my house this morning. Mmmmm.

In one crockpot we have pinto beans and a big hunk of bone-in ham (leftover from a supper this week). The beans and ham will cook for 6-8 hours in an aromatic concoction of garlic, onions, 1/2 jalepeno pepper, powdered chilies and other seasonings.

In another crockpot we have a vegetarian version of the same, sans ham. (Latte hasn't eaten meat since she watched the movie Food, Inc. She wants me to watch it but I don't think I can. I do try to buy meat from local humane farmers now though.)

Ham or not, these beans are going to be delicious with a side of GFCF Cornbread. (I will adapt that recipe using our butter and milk alternatives.)

Good eatin'.

1 comment:

  1. I watched Food Inc. I still eat meat... but I had Ron buy a half of a grass finished cow rather than the feed lot version.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs