Saturday, January 28, 2012

Meals- getting to be routine now

We've been gluten and casein free for nearly a year. At first I was very overwhelmed but we've settled in to a routine with our favorite meals on the menu at least once or twice a month now, so it is much easier. My challenge now is to come up with something new to put on this blog!Tonight's supper will be chili and cornbread muffins. I challenge myself each time I make chili to sneak in just a few more veggies. So far I'm getting away with it! (I added these sauteed onions, garlic and peppers to tomato juice, chopped tomatoes, browned hamburger, chili beans and some Penzey's Chili 3000 seasoning.)

Most of our meals are pretty boring, I guess. A few nights ago we had baked chicken thighs, potatoes roasted with olive oil and Penzey's Fox Point Seasoning (♥ it!) and some veggies. We usually drink water, lemonade or FlaxMilk with meals.

I baked extra chicken that night so I could make our favorite chicken pizzas the next night. I try to plan ahead like that. I also try to make dessert once in a while, too.
FYI- The new King Arthur Flour gluten free chocolate cake mix is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Made the King Arthur Chocoloate cake for my sister yesterday, it was wonderful. Everyone liked it better than our usual mix, it stayed so moist and was it rich and chocolate. Julie took the empty box home with her to CA so she can try and find it out there. Thanks! She's feeling better, seemed so much more full of light this time, she's only been on the gluten/soy free for a month or so, she knows its going to take awhile, but she feels she's on the right track.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs