Monday, January 16, 2012

Making the flour blend

As anyone who has made gluten free baked goods knows, the first step is finding / making a good flour blend. I use Silvana's GF Flour Blend from the Cooking For Isaiah cookbook. (I won't post the recipe here because you need to buy the book. It is the first book I'd recommend for anyone going GFCF.) I modify the recipe slightly and use some brown rice flour in place of some of the white rice flour for increased nutritional value.
My godchild gave me this large glass container for Christmas and it works great for storing the flour blend. I make smaller batches by shaking them in a smaller container with a tight fitting lid and then transfer them to this jar. It is a messy process but when the jar is full I can bake lots of pizza crusts, cookies and other goodies.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I did yesterday! I made so much that I couldn't even mix it so I mixed it in my Bosch mixer. It was so messy (especially because I had a couple of little helpers) but now I feel good about having it all made up. I love your glass container; much cuter than my Rubbermaid container!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs