Monday, August 8, 2011

Tacos and sorbet

We have a lot of "repeat" meals so I'm not always able to blog about something new for supper. Tacos have become a summer favorite and we've had them about once a week.
Fried corn tortillas, taco seasoned hamburger, guacamole, black beans, and a huge batch of fresh salsa. Nobody even misses the cheese anymore.

Bean helped me make the salsa. He added six cloves of fresh garlic to the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, red onions and lime. Bean loves garlic and if we add it to a new food he will usually try it. (He's eaten fresh salsa many times already but thought the addition of garlic would improve the taste. I think he was right.)


We did have something new last night...

Dairy ice cream and sherbet are out but we can have sorbet! I bought mango and blood orange to try.

I liked the blood orange best because it tasted so light and refreshing. The kids liked the mango but decided that mixing the two created the best flavor!



1 comment:

  1. I love sorbet! Usually when I buy it the gang knows its for me as they have gallons of ice cream, I share because really I only want a bowl of it once in awhile, they on the other hand need it almost daily! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs