Sunday, August 21, 2011

Maple Roasted Banana CF Ice Cream

I found this recipe for Maple Roasted Banana Ice Cream (dairy free) and had to try it. I'm glad I did because it was a very sweet treat and everyone who tried it liked it!
These are the ingredients....bananas, brown sugar, pure maple syrup, bourbon vanilla, xanthan gum, EVOO, sea salt and coconut milk.

Here are the bananas before and after roasting. I don't think the syrup or brown sugar was even needed because the roasting really brought out the sweetness of the bananas. In fact, I found this recipe for banana ice cream that uses only roasted bananas...that's all! I'll try that next time. But back to this recipe.

After roasting, blend the bananas and syrup until smooth and put in the refrigerator next to the rice milk and on top of the Coconut milk and Flaxmilk. Actually, put it next to whatever you want in your own refrigerator. It doesn't really matter. Dang, we have a lot of milks since we stopped drinking milk.

Freeze the blended banana goodness in an ice cream maker just before serving.

It was incredibly rich, sweet and banana-y. One scoop was enough to satisfy any sweet tooth! Next time I'll try the one ingredient version and compare.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs