Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crossing it off my bucket list

When you find a recipe for kale with 500 reviews, a 5 star rating and a name like "Massaged Kale Salad", you simply have to try it. I've done a lot of things in my kitchen but I'm pretty sure I've never massaged a vegetable.
I washed the kale, cut out the stems and prepared it for the massage with lemon juice, EVOO and sea salt.
The massage was lovely. I'm pretty sure the kale enjoyed it as much as I did. Then I made the dressing.

That isn't some fancy gourmet type special whisk. It's a regular whisk that some kid forced, bent and slammed in a kitchen drawer. As long at least one of the rungs is still in place, I'll be using it. Don't judge.

Add the dressing, fresh mango and sliced almonds (I used those instead of pumpkin seeds) and enjoy. Delicious! Another 5 star review!


Bucket List:

Do a cooking blog


Massage a vegetable


Meet Juan Valdez


1 comment:

  1. People think I eat kale because it's healthy, but the truth is that I eat it because I really, truly love it! I make a couple of different massaged kale salads but I need to try this one, especially with that mango in it.
    LOVE your whisk!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs