Sunday, October 30, 2011

Therapeutic Kitchen Time

My husband loves me my cooking so much that he let me spend some time in the kitchen this afternoon while he managed the two kids with FASD who are currently having neuropsychiatric reactions to strep... and secondary infections including staph and ear infections... (they have an autoimmune disorder called PANDAS ).


It's been a rough weekend but I turned on the radio and sang while I worked in the kitchen so life is looking up. And we had a great supper, too!

I made our favorite GFCF tomato soup which has all this veggie-goodness blended into a creamy deliciousness. It's Bean's favorite soup. (Before we went gluten and casein free Bean wouldn't even eat soup and now he asks me to make this!)
Then I made a large batch of our favorite pizza crusts and made one into garlic bread to dip in the soup. There is no better meal for a chilly fall evening.

But wait, there's more! I visited Wheatless Foodie's blog and found this recipe for Apple Coffee Cake and just had to try it. Oh. My. Goodness.

What a great way to end a meal! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my apple cake! And thank you, also, for the meal idea. Now I know what I'm fixing for dinner tomorrow. Soup and garlic sticks will make an easy dinner for Halloween.

    I had never heard of PANDAS. My daughter (now 22) was diagnoses with Tourette Syndrome when she was 7 and has struggled with related neuropsychiatric disorders. I had heard that her symptoms are sometimes brought on by strep, although she never had it that we know of. I found the info in the link to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs