Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Scalloped Tators and Ham GFCF

One of my favorite crock pot comfort foods is scalloped potatoes and ham. Adapting this family favorite to gluten and casein free was a piece of cake. (Now you're in the mood for cake, aren't you? Sorry. I'll do a cake recipe soon.)
Each layer in the crockpot had about this much ham and tators. I did two layers.

Smother each layer in this creamy sauce...

Cut up one onion and sautee until soft in 4-5 Tablespoons of olive oil or ghee (clarified butter). Add 1/2 cup of your favorite GF flour blend and blend to make a roux. Slowly add 3 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of almond or flax milk. Cook until thickened.

Sprinkle with pepper and set crock pot on high for 6 hours. That's it! Easy peasy...



...and good! Java had two large helpings last night and heated some up this morning for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I will try that on my crew. I am looking for different crockpot GFCF recipes. We are about to start rehearsals and dance 6 days a week for the nutcracker.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs