Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chinese lunch- at home!

Last week after church we went out for Chinese food and Java had a HORRIBLE afternoon. It might have been the strep infection and resulting PANDAS episode we've been dealing with because this has been an especially bad one, but it might be something else. MSG. I don't want to try it again to be sure. We're eating Chinese food prepared at home from now on.


I bought these two gluten free sauces (no MSG added) to make preparation a little easier this time. Last time I made my own sauces. I prefer the homemade but these were good.

I cut up dark and light meat chicken, dredged it in rice flour and deep fried it in canola oil. Then I put the sauces on and put it in the refrigerator to heat up after church.
After church I put on a big pot of basmati rice and made a Thai veggie stir fry. I used this recipe and really liked it, especially the bok choy and shitake mushrooms.

Delicious! And the best part is, NO RAGING afterwards!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs