Monday, July 4, 2011

Simple and delicious

Tonight's supper was simple and fabulous. Meatballs, kale and fresh peaches. We're bringing a few bags of our favorite kettle corn with us to watch fireworks later so we kept supper light.

The meatballs baked in the oven while I cut up the peaches and made the kale. (Meatball ingredients: ground beef, tomato sauce, garlic, GF bread crumbs, Italian spices. Form into balls and bake covered in more tomato sauce and spices.)
Wash kale.
Chop kale.


Heat 3 T olive oil with a fresh garlic and add kale and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and add salt and pepper. Cook a little longer and then add 1-2 T of red wine vinegar.


Serve!


Simple and delicious.


My cranberry colored dishes are kinda worn looking and they aren't always the best color background for the food pictures. Maybe I'll hit a few thrift stores and pick up a variety of single plates I can use for pictures. I need a little excitement in my life.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs