Friday, July 8, 2011

GFCF Tator Tot Hotdish - summer style!

This afternoon the kids and I are heading to the lake. They need to wear off some energy and I need to remind myself that parenting can be fun.

I am currently laid off from my job (thankyouverymuch State of Minnesota) and we need to watch our budget very carefully right now. The lake is free entertainment and the supper I've got cooking is budget friendly. It will also be ready to eat when we get home and will help keep the kitchen cool on this hot summer day because I made it in the crock pot.

It's Tator Tot Hotdish - summer style!

Line the crock pot with tator tots (Ore Idas are GF).
Then brown the ground beef with some onions, drain a few jars or cans of green beans, and make the GFCF Cream of Mushroom soup that I posted about a while ago.

Spoon the ground beef into the middle of the tator tots.

Top with the green beaners...

...and the cream of mushroom soup. Set the crockpot for 3-5 hours cooking time and forget it. Now go to the lake! What are you waiting for? Summer is too short!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks good. I am glad you mentioned this blog on your other blog. I missed it somehow. We are GFCF but can not have corn, rice or soy either. It is fun to see what you are making and maybe adapt some of them.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog last week and have been looking back at your past tips and recipes. Thanks so much for sharing! I have a 4 year old son who has ASD and we recently switched to GFCF. I'm trying your this recipe this week. I'm so excited to try your homemade cream of mushroom recipe with it! I used to cook with the canned stuff all the time. I'm your newest follower and can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs