Sunday, June 12, 2011

GFCF strawberry ice cream

Java had a few simple requests for her 9th birthday party... cupcakes, a Justin Bieber tablecloth and strawberry ice cream.

The cupcakes were simple enough- Betty Crocker GF yellow cake mix with Duncan Hines Creamy Home Style Classic Vanilla frosting.

Justin Bieber tablecloth. Check.

The challenge was to find a good GFCF strawberry ice cream recipe. I found this one but I didn't have any agave nectar or vanilla beans. I made it anyway, substituting white sugar for the agave. I doubled the recipe so we'd have enough for Java's two birthday celebrations (one with family and one with friends).
I won't double it next time. It was very good freshly made but not as good after being in the freezer for a few days.
I'll try the recipe again with the agave and the vanilla beans but even my modified version was enough to make the birthday girl smile! Or maybe it was the Justin Bieber tablecloth.

1 comment:

  1. I actually find CF substitutes to be really easy (...except for cheese). For ice cream, soy/almond/rice milk (pick one) can be used in place of real milk, and coconut milk for cream. They're both 1:1 replacements, no math needed.

    And all your talk about CF ice cream the last few days has me wanting some... time to dig out the ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs