Sunday, May 20, 2012

GFCF Mango Cheesecake

It has been a while since I've updated this blog.   Most of our meals are just repeats now so they are already posted here.   Actually, with all these repeat meals I've been in a bit of a GFCF rut, so yesterday I made gluten and dairy free cheesecake from a recipe in this cookbook that I found on clearance last week.

 
The crust is made from ground almonds, Earth Balance non-dairy butter, and crumbled GFCF chocolate chip cookies.   (I baked GFCF chocolate chip cookies last week and hid them in the freezer so I just tossed them in the food processor.  And that's the way the cookie crumbles.) 
I greased a springform pan with Earth Balance, patted the crust mixture inside and then baked at 350 for 10 minutes.
The filling is made from soy yogurt, Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, pure maple syrup, lemon juice, corn starch and a fresh mango. 


Blend the filling ingredients together until creamy and pour over crust.
Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees until set.  Cool on wire rack and then refrigerate until firm.   Remove sides of springform pan.
The cookbook suggests topping with maple syrup and slices of fresh mango.  I just brushed with a small amount of maple syrup and sprinkled with ground almonds.    Everyone LOVED it! 



Crust:
1/3 cup melted Earth Balance non-dairy butter (plus small amount for greasing pan)
1 1/2 cup GFCF cookie crumbs
heaping 1/4 cup ground almonds

Filling:
1 large mango- pitted, peeled and diced
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup soy yogurt
1 T. cornstarch
3 T. pure maple syrup
2 cups vegan cream cheese





 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah! I've found you again!!! I've missed you, especially since your other blog went private. I've also recently discovered my own gluten/casein intolerance and I can almost guarantee my kids need to be on the same diet. Looking forward to browsing your blog and finding some tastiness.

    I've moved, too, BTW. I'm now at http://fromsurvivaltoserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs